HISTORICAL SOCIETY of HARFORD COUNTY, Inc.
PHOTOGRAPHS OF
HAVRE DE GRACE


Susquehanna and Tidewater Canal, Pivot Bridge, and The Susquehanna Museum at the Lockhouse (1840). The Lock House was used as an office to collect tolls for boats headed upstream and to house the lock keeper and his family. Photographed in 2001


Tow Path of Susquehanna and Tidewater Canal at Havre de Grace
The Canal Basin, Ice Houses, and Old Pennsylvania Railroad Bridge are also shown
James T. Wollon Collection, Photographer and date photographed are not known.


The Concord Point Lighthouse was constructed in 1827 of Port Deposit granite and was decommissioned in 1975. It is reputed to be the oldest continuously operated lighthouse in Maryland.
Photographed in 2001


The Prominade after the September 18, 2003 visit by Hurricane Isabel.
Photographed in September 2003

Map of Historic Sites in Havre de Grace
Return to Harford County Photographs

RETURN TO HISTORICAL SOCIETY OF HARFORD COUNTY