HISTORICAL SOCIETY of HARFORD COUNTY, Inc.
PHOTOGRAPHS OF
HAVRE DE GRACE - CONCORD POINT


The Concord Point Lighthouse
was constructed of Port Deposit granite in 1827 at the mouth of the Susquehanna River. The original optics were 9 lamps with 16 inch reflectors. At the present it has fifth order fresnel optics. It was automated in 1920 and decommissioned in 1975. It is reputed to be the oldest continuously operated lighthouse in Maryland, the northernmost lighthouse in Maryland, and the second oldest lighthouse tower on the Bay. Photographed in 2001.


The Concord Point Lighthouse in the Snow

Photographed in February 2005 by Helene Oliver ©. Image copyright by Helene Oliver.
All rights reserved and no use without consent.


The Concord Point Prominade with the Susquehanna River on the Left

Photographed in February 2005 by Helene Oliver ©. Image copyright by Helene Oliver.
All rights reserved and no use without consent.

Return to Harford County Photographs

RETURN TO HISTORICAL SOCIETY OF HARFORD COUNTY