HISTORICAL SOCIETY of HARFORD COUNTY, Inc.
PHOTOGRAPHS OF
BEL AIR


Liriodendron Mansion,
Photographed in 2001

Dr. Howard Kelly purchased 196 acres on the west side of Bel Air in the 1890s for $12,000. Today, about 100 acres remain at the estate with most of the area in woods with a variety of trees. Today, Liriodendron is used as historical museum, weddings site, conference center, cultural center, and recreational center. (www.liriodendron.com)


Upper Chesapeake Fountain,
Photographed in 2001


Harford County Courthouse,
Photographed in 2001


Rockfield Park, Photographed in 2002


The Bel Air Armory was built in 1915 of Port Deposit Granite. It has been used by Company D of the Maryland State Guard. Company D served in both World Wars. The Armory was slated to open as the Bel Air visitor center on Feb 17, 2007. See the following book for more details: Larew, M., Bel Air, The Town Through its Buildings, The Town of Bel Air and the Maryland Historical Trust, 1980. Photographed in October 2002


Rock Survey Marker, Main Street and Baltimore Pike, Bel Air

Photographed April 2002

Return to Harford County Photographs

RETURN TO HISTORICAL SOCIETY OF HARFORD COUNTY