HISTORICAL SOCIETY of HARFORD COUNTY, Inc.
PHOTOGRAPHS OF
HAVRE DE GRACE - SOUTH


The Havre de Grace Maritime Museum is located where the mighty Susquehanna River meets the Chesapeake Bay. It covers the maritime history history of the region from 10,000 years ago until the 21st Century. Photographed in 2001.

The Havre de Grace Decoy Museum

This building once housed an Olympic-size pool for the Bayou Hotel. In 1982, it was converted to a museum dedicated to the history and art of decoy making and duck hunting. Photographed in 2003

The O'Neill House During Partial Restoration

The Concord Point Lighthouse was manned by the O'Neill family until from 1827 until 1928. John O'Neill was appointed the light keeper in recognition of his brave defense of Havre de Grace during the British attack in the War of 1812. The roof line of the original house is clearly shown. Photographed in 2001.

The O'Neill House or "Light Keeper's House" was partially restored by the Friends of the Concord Point Lighthouse. Photographed January 15, 2005.

The O'Neill House from the North Photographed in 2006.

Return to Harford County Photographs

RETURN TO HISTORICAL SOCIETY OF HARFORD COUNTY